Thank you so very much for purchasing tickets to the Annual MA+DS Vancouver Modern Home Tour this Saturday, September 17th!!
- In order to save paper and minimize waste, we have made our 2015 Tour map (addresses included) available online in a downloadable PDF format. Even if you do not intend to print a map, please save an electronic version for reference, as paper maps at homes will not be provided.
- We also encourage bookmarking/saving the following Google Map URL to use during the tour:
- Participating homes will open their doors at 11AM and will remain open until 5PM. Our event is rain or shine!
- Reminder: Please make sure you PRINT your EventBrite tickets and bring them to the first home your chose to visit. You will turn the paper ticket in to the door staff and receive a wristband. The wristband will gain you entrance to every other home on the tour.
You may start your tour at any home on the tour!! After you have finished exploring the home you have chosen as your starting point, you are free to travel to every home on the tour at your own pace and style. Part of the Modern Home Tour experience is finding the homes – it’s a treasure hunt, and the participating architects’ works are the treasures!
SUGGESTION: You will be on your feet a lot during the day and you will need to REMOVE your shoes at each home you visit. Thus, we encourage you to wear comfortable shoes that are easy to slip on and off, with comfortable socks. We will have protective shoe covers available if you choose to wear those instead, but easy-to-remove shoes and comfy socks have been recommended (by previous tourgoers) as the way to go. We ask this in an effort to keep our homeowners’ floors clean!
REMINDER: You are being invited to see the inside of several of your neighbors’ PRIVATE homes. We ask that you conduct your visit in the same manner you would a museum. Please be courteous to the home and its owners by following a few simple rules of conduct:
• Please refrain from sitting on furniture, and/or trying to open any doors, cupboards or windows.
• Please also do not bring food or drinks in to the home.
• No pets are allowed at any time into the homes.
• Lastly, as a general rule we do not allow photography inside the homes – this is to protect the privacy of the owners. If there is a design element or shot you absolutely must take, please ASK the homeowner’s permission.
If you have any questions about the tour or certain logistics, you may reply to this email and we will field your questions. You can also contact Ken Shallcross for more information: [email protected].
For quick reference, and for more information on each home, here is the event page: https://madslive.wpengine.com/mads-vancouver2016/
Thank you so very much for buying a ticket to this year’s Vancouver Modern Home Tour and supporting local architecture. We look forward to seeing you on the tour and in the homes!
The Modern Architecture + Design Society Team
(Jamie, Kenny, Mallory and Coral)